Monday 9 February 2015

Well, today have realised that I am really not tech savvy!

It wasn't until I decided to share my blog with some facebook friends and groups that I realised that there was no way of anyone being able to follow me. Thank you for pointing this out to me :-).
I thought that all I needed to do was to design the page, add my pictures and some text and that would be that.
Oh no!
I needed to add buttons and widgets, set up a google+ profile and do a fair bit of tweaking. I got there in the end, so if you are reading this, then I guess the tweaking has worked!!!

I've not had the best of weeks with having to struggle through snow and ice on the school run which causes a great deal of pain, partly due to the sheer cold, and the effort of having to walk differently. I've also not been sleeping well, which is a little known problem that us ME sufferers have to cope with. Many people think that because you suffer from chronic fatigue then you sleep well all the time. Sadly that isn't the case! A large number of ME sufferers experience insomnia for various reasons. Me, I have restless legs, nerve pain, joint pain and sensitivity to sound. Add to that anxiety and an inability to switch my brain off, then we have a disastrous cocktail.

Ah well, enough of the moaning. Here are 2 of my latest creations.



This is not my most complicated card of late, nor is it stepping out of my comfort zone. It was made using a file from the silhouette store with simple pink card , patterned paper, and glitter. Nothing that taxed my poor fatigued brain too much.
This took a little more work and thought. My brief was simply vintage valentines. I wanted to stay away from the cupid style pictures and found this lovely dove with flowers. The green and pink compliment the colours on the dove, as do the pearls (which are made using my craft studio dimensional PVA). Stickles glue highlights areas on the roses and dove, and a glittered sentiment finishes it off.

Hopefully I'll have a better creative week, but to be honest, I'm not convinced as it's a busy week at the kids school. If I manage to get into the creative zone, I'll continue to share my journey with you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment