Thursday 22 January 2015

The Journey begins!

I thought I would share with you some of the things I normally do within my comfort zone. I have gone back to one of my first loves when doing these though, and used stamping and colouring with a mix of alcohol and watercolour pens.
This first one is a typical style of mine, Made using the Cricut Forever Young cartridge. A 'comfortable' style with a few diamanté embellishments. I could have done more with this by using embossing folders,

Simple stamped image with a small amount of added colour. The stamp came with Creative Stamping magazine. I get lots of stamps free with magazines and  rarely use them so there's another challenge - to use what I get with the magazines I subscribe to!
This little guy also came with the same Creative Stamping magazine as the previous image, Coloured with alcohol markers and layered using DCWV Floral papers. I hardly ever use peel offs, but found them on my desk when creating these so used them as Faux layering borders.
This is one of my favourite little creations I've done in the last few months. The image is from Scrapberry and I used my new spectrum aquas to colour it. The pens are so easy to use, so hope I get plenty more opportunities to use them. Just a little greeting to be added now.

This cutie is a Lili of the Valley stamp, again coloured with spectrum aquas. I decided to make this a tag card so that the recipient could use this as a bookmark if she wanted to. The backing paper is a magazine freebie. I have glittered the dandelion seeds with some iridescent glitter and added a little glitter on the double sided tape used to stick the lace.
The final one for now. This is one of the new CHA release Candibean stamps. She is a little darling to colour. I used the Spectrum aquas yet again and added some bling with glitter and diamanté. Faux stitching added to the patchwork look.

I hope you've enjoyed looking at the projects that have started my creative journey off. Now to find an alternative path to take me away from the straight and narrow, and onto a long and winding road to creative fulfilment. 

Onto the next stage of my journey x

No comments:

Post a Comment